Buy Belize Real Estate
Buy Belize properties effortlessly with the help of our experienced agents and thorough country-wide listings. Our Belize real estate agents are knowledgeable about the country and the property buying processes and will make your property purchase a very pleasant experience.
After we’ve assisted you in finding your dream home, the perfect business or office space or the right piece of land for you, our agents take an additional step in providing useful information on how real estate transactions take place in Belize. Follow this helpful guide when you decide to buy Belize properties.
Here are some general guidelines when buying real estate in Belize:
- In Belize, like everywhere else, the price of properties here is fueled by demand. The closer a property is to the coast or city centers, the higher the price will be. Cheaper properties can be expected further in land.
- Aside from the cost of property, other costs you will likely incur are Land Title Transfer Fee, Attorney Fees and Property Taxes.
- Land Title Transfer Fee is often referred to as stamp tax and is 5% of the cost of property, with the first US$10K exempted from this fee.
- An attorney is not mandatory when buying property but people utilize their services in assisting with title searches to ensure the property being purchased is not subject to any liens or encumbrances.
- Title insurance is not mandatory in Belize
Land systems to buy Belize property:
There are 3 different property title systems in Belize – Conveyance System, Torrens System and Registered Land Act System. The Conveyance system refers to the transfer of land by conveyance and registration. The Torrens system involved having a First Certificate of Title which is then followed by a Transfer Certificate of Titles. Lastly is the Registered Land Act system, which is when an application for transfer is made and new Land Certificate is issued.
Don’t be afraid to buy Belize properties. With the help of CPC’s knowledgeable agents, you’ll find the perfect property with ease.