Bocatura Bank Sittee River Front Lots & Cabins
Property Information for ID #943
Bocatura 9 Lot Subdivision are ideal for the naturalist, birder, and fisherman interested in living near and observing nature. Baby hummingbirds, 4'-5' iguana, quash... a whole tribe of quash (20+) emerges from the jungle to eat the Molly apples or bananas when in season, large birds dot the mangroves along the river edge. Small birds search the property for food. The Sittee River is a main outlet for the Cockscomb Basin and shares much of the same wild life. The Sittee River area is ideally situated for mangrove growth along the banks and out to the mouth of the river where there are tall, tall black mangroves.
The Bocatura Subdivision is over four acres with tall canopy trees, fruit trees and a variety of landscaped shrubs. The area is surrounded by jungle growth, plains grasses, and cane grasses. The subdivision has over 1000 feet of river frontage. The river edges are a combination of mangroves, palm trees, grassy edges. The entire length of the river edge has been reinforced with concrete filled sand bags backfilled with coarse stone to protect the trees and riverbank from erosion and damage. There is a lighted 500' walkway that connects the existing cabins.
Bocatura Subdivision is 3 miles from the center of Hopkins Village with several grocery stores and lots of local eateries. The Subdivision is 2 miles from “South Hopkins Village” with its 10 outstanding restaurants, gym, internet café and mini grocery.
Fishing in the river: The best critique comes from a guest, Tim, staying at Bocatura Cabins and contributed the following (Feb 2016) “Fishing was good and I caught permit, barracuda, snapper, jacks and catfish just in front of the property (Bocatura). The water was clear and I caught on both lures, shrimp, fish and conch baits".
- Bocatura is centrally located to reach many of Belize’s exciting activities. Water based activities include snorkeling trips, scuba diving, kayaking, and stand-up-paddle board or just hanging out on the beach.
- Inland Trips include Mayflower Waterfall Hike, Mayflower/Bocawina waterfall repelling, Jaguar Preserve in the Cockscomb Basin, Jungle horse back riding, Guided hikes, Cave tubing, Monkey River trip, Xunatunich Mayan Ruins, Southern Ruins trip, Zip line, Marie Sharps factory- HOT sauce and guided bird watching. The Sittee River flows from the watershed of the Cockscomb Basin to the west.
The subdivision has 10 building lots. A deed covenant attached to all conveyances protects the environment for all neighbors to enjoy.
- Lot B1 100 feet of river frontage; lightly wooded (sale pending 2/16) US$60,000.00
- Lot B2 153 feet of river frontage; A 40’ x 30’ storage/work area on reinforced concrete foundation that includes 3 raised container containers (1-40';2-20'), a 20' x 20' open covered work area and a peaked roof over all. US$107,000.00
- Lot 1 151 feet of river frontage; 500 sf cabin (great room, one bedroom- one bath); 90' dock ; 16’x 16’ picnic deck overlooking the river/dock and a boat shed close to the river. Fans in all rooms and all windows have imported micro screening and heavy security bars. Our mechanic/security man currently occupies this cabin and his family. US$134,000.00
- Lot 2 L100 feet of river frontage; vacant land, several banana trees. US$67,500.00.
- Lot 3 75 feet of river frontage; vacant land. US$51,500.00
- Lot 4 75 feet of river rfrontage; vacant land. US$52,500.00
- Lot 5 64 feet of river frontage; vacant land. US$44,500.00
- Lot 6 81 feet of river frontage; 750 sf cabin is a 2 bedroom; sleeps 5 (1 queen bed, 2 twin beds and a sofa bed in the great room). Porch is 10’x20’ with imported micro screening and cushioned Adirondack chairs. Fans in all rooms and all windows have imported micro screening and heavy security bars.The cabin has a fully equipped full size kitchen that is part of the great room. The kitchen is equipped with two bowl ss sink, gas stove, refrigerator, dishes, pots, pans, silverware and utensils. A heavy duty charcoal grill is just outside the cabin. Visit www.vrbo.com/464737 for pictures. US$105,500.00
- Lot 7 78 feet of river frontage; 500 sf cabin built in 2012 is a one bedroom with a queen size bed; a living area with a sofa bed, breakfast table and compact kitchen with single bowl ss sink, electric hot plate, under counter refrigerator, microwave, dishes, pots, pans, silverware and utensils. The cabin has two baths each with a full size showers, toilet, and vanity. The 10' X 24' porch has imported micro screening and cushioned Adirondack chairs. Visit www.vrbo.com/762066 for pictures. US$92,500.00
- Lot 8 131 feet of river frontage; 450 sf studio cabin. The large great room has a queen bed and a fully equipped full size kitchen. The kitchen is equipped with two bowl ss sink, gas stove, refrigerator, dishes, pots, pans, silverware and utensils. A heavy duty charcoal grill is just outside the cabin. The 10' X 24' porch is close to the river with its large mahogany dining table. The porch has imported micro screening and cushioned Adirondack chairs. There are fans in both rooms and all windows have imported micro screening and heavy security bars. This cabin has a pedestal mounted Internet satellite dish just outside the rear of the building, is a commercial grade system. Visit www.vrbo.com/639162 for pictures. US$105,500.00
- Lot 9 An interior lot with .61 of an acre and a 5 foot green/community strip that allows this lot to have access to the Sittee River US$25000.00
Please call or contact us today for more information
City/Town/Village: Sittee River Village
District: Stann Creek
Availability Status: Active
Annual Property Tax: US $50